: : Aluminium Alloys
- AA 1xxx
- AA 2xxx
- AA 3xxx
- AA 4xxx
- AA 5xxx
- AA 6xxx
- AA 7xxx
- 2xx.0 or x2xx.0
- 3xx.0 or x3xx.0
- 4xx.0 or x4xx.0
- 5xx.0 or x5xx.0
Aluminum and its alloys are divided into two broad classes,
and wrought or mechanically worked products
The latter is subdivided into heat-treatable
alloys, and into various forms produced by
- F for as fabricated.
- O - for annealed and recrystallized (wrought only).
- H for strain hardened (wrought only).
- T For thermally treated to produce stable tempers other than F, O or H
H for strain hardened.
- H1 Strain hardened only.
The number following this designation indicates the degree of strain hardening.
- H111 Strain hardened less than the amount required for controlled H11 temper.
- H112 Acquires some temper from shaping processes not having special control over the amount of strain hardening or thermal treatment, but for which there are mechanical property limits or required mechanical property testing.
- H116 & H117 Specifically, treated properties for 5086 and 5456 alloys to control extoliation intergranular corrosion.
- H2 Strain hardened and then partially annealed.
The number following this designation indicates the degree of strain hardening remaining after the product has been partially annealed.
- H3 Strain hardened and then stabilized.
The number following this designation indicates the degree of strain hardening remaining after the product has been strain hardened a specific amount and then stabilized.
- H311 Strain hardened less than the amount required for controlled H31 temper.
- H321 - Strain hardened less than the amount required for controlled H32 temper.
- H323 y H343 apply to products which are specially fabricated to have acceptable resistance to stress corrosion cracking.
T - for thermally treated
- T1 Partially solution heat treated and naturally aged to a substantial stable condition.
- T2 Annealed (cast products only).
- T3 Solution heat treated then cold worked.
- T4 Solution heat treated and naturally aged to a substantially stable condition.
- T5 Partially solution heat treated, then artificially aged.
- T6 Solution heat treated, then artificially aged.
- T7 Solution heat treated, then stabilized.
- T8 Solution heat treated, cold worked, then artificially aged.
- T9 Solution heat treated, artificially aged,then cold worked.
- T10 Partially solution heat treated, artificially aged, then cold worked.
- TX51 Solution heat treated, stress relieved by stretching.
- TX510 As TX51 with no further straightening after stretching.
- TX511 As TX51 with minor straightening to comply with tolerances.
- TX52 Solution heat treated, stress-relieved by compressing.
- TX53 Stress-relieved by thermal treatment.
Specialty Material Solutions LLC is engaged in the distribution of aluminum bars, plate and billet in series 1100, 3000, 5000, 6000 & 7000.
This site, including any content or information contained within it or any
Site-related service, is provided "as is" with no representations or warranties
of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied
warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of this Site and Site-related services.